Lead Environment Artist
For our client who is one of the leading developer of AAA console video games, where we work on end to end game development cycle. We are not an out-sourcing studio. We well plan the schedules and work on realistic time lines. This means we really maintain the work life balance.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent working environment with work life balance
- Relocation reimbursement from other cities,
- Performance linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary,
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences
- Opportunities to work onsite at other UK studios based on project requirements.
- Complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for employees and their children.
Role and Purpose
Lead Environment Artist
- Do you see yourself as a Lead Environment Artist?
- What’s your passion?
- Is it playing video games, working doodling/creating art work?
IF that’s your answer, then we are interested in YOU for our client who is looking for passionate Lead Environment artists who aspire to create realistic & stylized game Environment alongside its UK Studios and help bring life to game world of some of the world class AAA projects on major consoles.
The ideal candidate should have a striking portfolio demonstrating an exceptional eye for detail, creative flair, up to date knowledge and experience with hi-res sculpting to game mesh workflow, PBR pipeline, and current game editor experience such as Unreal.
They should be eager to learn and develop their skills alongside some of the best environment artists in India and the UK, to deliver high quality art work.
- To be a Lead Artist you should have at-least 7 years of Art Experience with a AAA video game titles and yes an impressive portfolio which exhibits your experience is a must.
- Needs to have experience and knowledge of latest Physically based rendering (PBR) techniques.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine (UE4) or similar AAA game engine.
- Max/Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, Mudbox is must.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Substance Painter / designer and quixel suite.
- An ideal lead should have excellent microscopic artistic eye.
- Would be a plus to have traditional art skills.
- Should have Excellent communication skills.
- Should be excellent with time management.
- Must have people and team management skills and should be a good leader who should lead by an example.
- Excellent problem solving with Confidence to question the status quo and provide alternative solutions.
- Should have passion and potential to develop themselves, his/her team and ensure everyone grows with the organisation.
- If applying for Environment/ Vehicles, then need to meet the following skill requirement too.
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in game art/animation which includes software’s like Max, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Mudbox.
- Bachelor’s in fine arts or any equivalent degree diploma would be an added advantage.
- Excellent hard surface modelling Skills.
- A good understanding of taking objects/environments from concepts to final game quality.
- A good portfolio (which is current) which has the Environment assets – show casing screenshots for the Model, Wireframe and texture pages.
- Should be proficient in 3D packages such as Max, Maya and Zbrush.
- Excellent Photoshop skills and ability to create stylized hand painted textures.
- Thorough knowledge of PBR work flow and procedural software’s such as Substance Painter/designer and Quixel DDO.
- Working experience of game engines such as Unreal and Unity .
- A portfolio demonstrating breath-taking prop/environment modeling and texturing techniques, both high and low poly.
- Should have at least 7 years of experience creating art for console games.
- Have excellent communication skills to communicate internally in teams and externally to UK project teams.
What We offer
Being part of a big studio Art team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on. In return you will be offered:-
- Competitive salary & benefits,
- An excellent working environment
- most importantly you will be given the room to be yourself and live your passion.
So what’s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to a leading developer of AAA console Video games.
|Job Category||All Jobs|