Senior Game Programmer (C++)
For our client who is one of the leading developer of AAA console video games, where we work on end to end game development cycle. We are not an out-sourcing studio. We well plan the schedules and work on realistic time lines. This means we really maintain the work life balance.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent working environment with work life balance
- Relocation reimbursement from other cities,
- Performance linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary,
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences
- Opportunities to work onsite at other UK studios based on project requirements.
- Complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for employees and their children.
Role and Purpose
- We are on the hunt for Senior Game Programmers (C++), could it be you?
- Are you an established and experienced Game Programmer? Do you thrive on the development of high profile AAA titles?
- Now is the time to take the next step in your career and join one of the leading developer of AAA console video games, with an exciting future.
- You will be contributing to the development of existing console and Windows based projects. This is an opportunity for a Senior Developer to hold an impactful role on the development and growth of a programming team.
- Understand and direct the work of the coding team.
- Mentor the code team and lead by example.
- Liaising with the team and production to achieve the highest possible quality product.
- Working with project managers and other development leads to define and complete programming tasks.
- Writing high quality source code.
- Ensuring the game is compliant with manufacturer’s guidelines for the relevant platforms.
- Maintaining stability of development environment for the entire development team.
Skills Experience and Qualifications
Demonstrated Ability To:
- Proficiency in C/C++, with proven commercial experience
- At least 4 years’ experience working in the console game industry, having worked on a minimum of 2 shipped games and 1 large scale games project
- Excellent debugging skills
- Practical experience with 3D math
- Experience with asset pipelines, dealing with large scale data sets.
Demonstrated Ability To:
- Communicate effectively within a large group/multiple project environment
- Think critically, and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
- High personal standards as demonstrated in quality and pride of work
- Create complex systems from start to finish
- Quickly master tools and development processes
- To take direction and criticism
- Meet deadlines designated for team projects
- Professionalism and the ability to function well within a team
- Mentor less experienced programmers
What We offer
Being part of a big studio Art team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on. In return you will be offered:-
- Competitive salary & benefits,
- An excellent working environment
- most importantly you will be given the room to be yourself and live your passion.
So what’s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to a leading developer of AAA console Video games.
|Job Category||All Jobs|