Unreal Engine Technical Artist
- Work with shader tech, high-level lighting and post processing features
- Work with integrating and setting up character, environment assets in UE4 and assure that assets are of the highest technical quality
- Work with the Art Director to identify project-specific rendering needs and to develop an implementation plan
- Assist the development team in debugging issues related to tools, assets, or framerate.
- Act as a technical contact and solve various technical issues that arise related to asset production.
- Maintain, optimize, and expand on existing asset pipeline tools.
- When needed work with hair/cloth simulation and particle system VFX (cascade or niagara)
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- General artistic proficiency
- Experience with UE4 Blueprint scripting, Python/Mel
- Strong artistic background and content development skills (can be texturing, lighting, vfx, or any other area where you have experience, but a strong artistic eye is a necessity!)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with content creation and game development pipelines
- 7+ years of production experience in VFX or video games
- Experience in other content creation software, as a user or tools developer; Houdini, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, etc.
- Experience with real-time VFX and particle systems
- Experience with UE4’s Python API
- Familiarity with rigging and rigging tools creation in Maya.
|Job Category||All Jobs|